September 9, 2010

Baby & Belly updates

Today was my 32 week appointment. We had an ultrasound to check all Bentley's measurements and to see how much fluid there is around her. She weighs 3lbs 15oz, so just 1oz shy of 4lbs. She's in the 14th percentile for size (on the smaller end of normal), but just perfect given how big or small I should say, I am. She has dropped quite a bit and is head down, but at the time of the ultrasound was facing up instead of down. My doctor is going to check to see if I'm dilated at my 36 week appointment which is October 6th, unless I start having some pre-term labor pains she'll look at my next appointment, then depending on my body and Bentley we might set a date for me to be induced. That is if she hasn't come already on her own. Personally I have a feeling she's going to come early on her own. Even though I haven't technically met her yet, I know she is VERY strong, VERY stubborn and is going to be VERY independent. She's going to be just like me David always says...He's thrilled ;) haha.

Here are the 2 pictures he got of her today...


This is her from the side. In the real picture you can see she has pretty full lips like me.
This one is a little on the freaky side..haha. It's acually her looking right at you. You can see her eyes open, her nose, her mouth which was also open and her pointy little chin. David says he thinks she has his nose. Whether he's being serious or not I don't know, but either way it was really exciting to see her today. We're both so anxious for her to finally be here!

Now for me...

I am COMPLETELY packed. She hits both my hips with her hands while at the same time pushing up on my ribs with her butt. I wish I had just a little bit bigger torso, that would make these last few weeks so much more bearable :) Since she's dropped so much this week there is double the pressure on my bladder so at night time I get up like 5 times to pee...it's great...NOT! Sleeping isn't completely impossible yet, but slowly getting harder and harder. I have a "harness" I call it that I use some days when I know I'm going to be walking a lot. It helps take off a lot of the pressure on my back and hips which start to KILL by the end of the day.

Here are my 32 week belly shots...


As you can see I still have an "inny" belly button. I'm not that surprised because my belly button was SOO deep to begin with. My family jokes with me that they look for my belly button on my back because they think it goes all the way through. David and I have decided my belly button is like Bentley's timer. Once my belly button pops out or "dings" she's done cooking and ready to come out :) It still fits half the length of my pinky nail so she has some more time left haha. As I get closer to the time of giving birth I've been getting more scared. For some reason I am pretty scared about labor and delivery. So I signed David and I up for a birthing class at the hospital. We go on September 16th & 23rd for a few hours in the evening. I'm hoping this eases a little of my anxiety. My books say the more you educate yourself the better and more confident you'll feel when the time comes. So I read, research on the internet and ask everyone and anyone as many questions as I can. Hopefully that confidence kicks in soon though :)


No comments: